Summer in Whistler is one of the most fun times to spend in the resort. With long days, tons of activities, incredible events and warm weather you cannot go wrong.
With average daily highs of 27°C during July and August it is often a surprise to winter lovers just how good summer is.
For those who love biking you already know that Whistler is widely regarded as the home of some of the world’s best mountain biking. It is also very popular with road biking and fitness in general with events such as the Gran Fondo and Ironman Canada.
Here are some of the many summer activities Whistler has to offer:
- Mountain biking: either in the Whistler Bike Park, or on the hundreds of singletrack trails in the valley
- Golf: 5 local championship courses – The Whistler Golf Club, The Nicklaus North Golf Course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Big Sky Golf and Country Club and The Meadows at Pemberton
- Hiking: from the mountains to waterfalls and lakes and through back country of Whistler and the surrounding parks. There is something for all abilities
- Lakes: canoe, kayak, raft, swim, wakeboard, sail, jet-boat or windsurf on the numerous lakes and rivers
- Road biking: whether up and down the Sea to Sky or throughout Whistler on the Valley Trail
- Horseback riding
- Fishing: steelhead, trout and salmon are all in abundance in freshwater lakes and rivers
- Off-Road ATVing
- Bear Watching and Ecology Tours
- Visit the Adventure Zone for some family fun
- Paragliding, bungee jumping, rock climbing and guided heli-hiking
- Relax: relax, sunbathe and beach volley ball at one of the many beaches
- Sports: play tennis, basketball and other sports at the many courts around Whistler